After an enquiry is submitted, an acknowledgement will be sent containing the next steps of the registration process. The SZPAB Admissions Office will happy to assist you throughout the admissions process. Parents can meet our team at any time between 8:00am to 2:30pm from Sunday to Thursday. You may contact the Admissions Office directly:
Phone: +971 2 203 3333 Ext 311 or direct: +971 2 203 3311
For the full admissions guidebook, please click on this link.
Step 1: To begin the application process, please submit your enquiry through the Online Enquiry and Admissions page. Please ensure that all relevant information regarding your child is included with the online registration:
- Information regarding allergies, special medical conditions, etc.
- Up to date contact details, and emergency telephone numbers for both parents.
Step 2: Once you have completed the online enquiry, you will receive an acknowledgement email update on the status of the application. Parents must be aware that sitting an assessment does not guarantee a seat for their child.
Step 3: After receiving the acknowledgement email containing the link to complete the application, you will be requested to submit all required documents in order to proceed with the registration process.
The supporting documents that are required when a registration is submitted are:
- Applicant’s original Emirates ID card
- 3 applicant’s photo
- Applicant’s recent school/nursery reports (at least the two previous
- years) excluding KG1
- Copy of applicant’s passport
- Copy of applicant’s visa (If not a UAE citizen) *
- Copy of applicant’s immunization record
- Parents’ original Emirates ID cards
- Copy of Family Book (For UAE citizen)
- Copy of parents’ (sponsor) visa (if not a UAE citizen)
- Copy of parents’ (sponsor) passport
- Copy of your electricity bill
- Your child’s Transfer Certificate *
*The UAE Residence Visa and Transfer Certificate are mentioned above. They are not needed at application processing time, but will be needed at actual enrollment. These are required documents for the registration of the child by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK). Without the above listed documents, the enrollment process for your child cannot be completed.
Please be advised that once the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) Registration system closes, if the student is not accepted at the school or the submitted documents for registration have not been requested to be retrieved by the parents, the school will shred all documents after five working days from the closing date of registration.
Admission policies and procedures have been established to make certain that students are appropriately placed at Sheikh Zayed Private Academy, while maintaining the integrity and consistency of school policies and the application process. Proper placement will ensure that those students admitted benefit fully from the educational programme offered at SZPA and that they will have a higher probability of a successful learning experience. The Admissions Office is committed to working together with parents to determine the educational placement that is best for each student. The purpose of the Admissions Office is to provide services for the enrollment and/or withdrawal of students at Sheikh Zayed Private Academy, and all related transitional assistance.
Teachers are expected to regard each student as an individual and meet their learning needs accordingly. For this reason, prospective students are required to undergo assessment tests before a place can be offered. Wherever possible, the student will be offered a place within 7 days of the assessment. The offer letter is sent to the parents by email and will include detailed information on how to accept the offer and pay Registration fees which is adjustable from the first term tuition fee. Registration fees are accepted in the form of AED cheques, cash or bank transfer. Throughout this process, parents are guided to follow the Admission process and procedures.
- Students applying for KG1 must be 4 years old by December 31.
- Students applying for KG2 must be 5 years old by December 31.
- Students will be invited to a group or one-to-one interview/ meeting to determine school readiness.
- Students in the Early Childhood program must be toilet trained.
- Students who are accepted into KG1 will be notified when to come to school during the first two weeks of school. The Academy uses a staggered entry system whereby students come to school in smaller groups, for shorter periods of time, during the first two weeks of school.
Students will attend an interview with the Head of Phase/ Division to assess basic literacy (English and Arabic) and numeracy skills.
Students will attend an English reading, writing, mathematics and an Arabic assessment.
- Students are required to complete an English reading, writing, and numeracy assessment. SZPA conducts assessments using the standardized MAPs (Measure of Academic Performance) on line system.
- Arabic Reading and Writing assessments will be conducted.
- Individual interviews will be arranged for Gr6 -Gr12 during which they will complete an Admissions questionnaire.
Age Requirements & Grade Placement
Sheikh Zayed Private Academy follows ADEK age requirement for students entering KG1. A student must turn 4 years of age by December 31st of the academic year. All other students must have turned the age listed next to the grade level for the Academic Year and have a corresponding Transfer Certificate. To assist those coming from a non- American curriculum, please contact the admissions office for clarification (subject to ADEK approval and the student’s Letter of Continuation).
If you intend to withdraw your child from SZPA, please follow the below process:
1. Complete the withdrawal form
2. Clear all Accounts
During the last two weeks prior to your child’s withdrawal from school, please ensure that all accounts are clear. This means returning all library and textbooks and ensuring outstanding fees are cleared in all departments (accounts, transportation and catering). Please note, that we will not be able to issue a withdrawal Transfer Certificate and Report Cards unless all accounts are cleared. If you have questions about what remains outstanding, please contact the Admissions Office or Accounts
3. Transfer Documentation
Documents will only be prepared on request. If you need any transfer documentation, please inform the Admissions Office of your requested documents 2 weeks in advance. If the student’s account has been cleared, the transfer documentation will be available on the last date of attendance. You are welcome to collect these documents from the Admissions Office between 7:30am - 3:30pm during regular working days. Please understand that we will not be able to release any documentation prior to the last date of attendance. For further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office at email@example.com